Skip to main content

Art is More Than About Money

Art is More Than About Money



Cheryl Johnson Artist

Why do people paint?  They have a passion to create.  Just look at the Impressionists.  Paul Gaugin was first a father, a stockbroker, then an Impressionist and when he came into his own he was a working artist living in Tahiti, doing what he loved.

"Life has no meaning unless one lives it with a will, at least to the limit of one's will. Virtue, good, evil are nothing but words, unless one takes them apart in order to build something with them; they do not win their true meaning until one knows how to apply them." Paul Gauguin

Often artists express with a brush what is difficult to express with words.

I paint because I love the process and the way I feel in creating. There is an energy and joy that comes over me and I get lost in the finding.

It is a must do element to my life.

Yes I love when people enjoy my work and want to purchase the work for their home or business.

I have sold both in gallery's and on online sites like Saatchi or ArtFinder and have sold several works that way. I also have had shows in galleries and have been commissioned to create many paintings.

This week I am in the process of creating a Secret Forest Golden Day.  I love the way the painting builds and changes and emerges.

We shall see where it goes.  Current Work of mine in Progress. Cheryl Johnson Artist

Cheryl Johnson - Oil on Canvas: "30x40x1"

I have my works on several online art sites that will enable you to purchase directly.
See more of my work here: cheryjohnson.co
Buy Cheryl Johnson Art  | Original Art & Prints at |
 Amazon  
Houzz   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheryl Johnson Selected for Saatchiart The Other Art Fair Brooklyn Nov. 8-11 -2018-Come See Me

Go to my site: cheryljohnsonartist.com I am honored to be selected to the Saatchiart The Other Art Fair Brooklyn Nov. 8-11 -2018-Come See Me.

Where Do ART IDEAS Start? Attitude of Gratitude